It’s important to us that we help our guest authors understand, as much as possible, what the tone of Swift Social is. We have outlined a few of our guidelines below to help you when writing your articles.
The content should provide valuable and meaningful insights into social media marketing. It’s translated for the beginner but still resonates with the expert. Content should not be ‘throwaway’, in that it should always provide actionable steps to help the reader’s social media marketing strategy.
Tone of voice
Tone of voice should be friendly, upbeat, encouraging, optimistic, open-minded, and professional. We are friends, in-the-know, but not know-it-alls, offering our advice. Stories are written with a positive edge. We approach topics as fans, not critics.
The purpose is to promote diverse perspectives, not only through the people and stories we cover but also through the voices we are highlighting.
- Understand Swift Social – Make sure your article fits our vision. Make sure it’s based around a positive outlook on the world of social media, it can be funny but not silly, edgy but not offensive, and should always be written with inexperienced and experienced practitioners alike. Articles should always be Informative, well-written, and unique.
- We allow external links – If you feel that you could link to a genuinely strong resource external of our blog then we encourage you to do so. These will be nofollow links, and we would recommend no more than 2 in an article of around 500 words.
- Gifs – We love Gif’s, so if you feel your article could benefit from a little laugh then feel free to provide a giphy link of your choosing and we will embed it into the article. All other imagery will be provided by our design team.
- Good Grammar – Make sure your article is well-written and edited with a grammar checker. We highly recommend the Grammarly plugin for both chrome and Firefox.
Topics we love
- How-to’s on the most popular social networks
- Case studies of social media experiments
- Real life stories of how social media has made a positive impact on a business or a community
- We don’t “love” list based articles, but understand there is a place for them. We would love any list based articles so long as they tackle something of meaning, for example:
✔ “Top 10 female influencers to follow in 2017”
❌ “5 ways to boost your following fast”
- Your article covers an original and current topic in 750+ words. (500+ for list based articles)
- Makes use of a great title and opening paragraph.
- Is structured well and broken into subheadings where applicable.
It’s important to us that we do not highlight competitors to Swift Social in our blog posts. Although the intention of this blog is not directly to sell Swift Social, we would prefer if the following companies were not mentioned.
- Sprout Social
Submit your idea and write for us
If you think you could be a useful contributor to the blog then please fill in the form below and we will aim to review and get back to you within 48 hours.